Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Living vicariously

I must be the last person on earth to to have discovered the PBS series "Downton Abbey."  A friend that works with me brought in a DVD of the first season insisting that I would love it.  After listening to a few other reviews from more friends, I decided this needed a looking at.  I have to say, they were absolutely right.  I found myself watching the whole first season in practically one sitting.  I couldn't wait to see how things would unfold.  Each character has their own draw,  some less favorable than others.  The actors portraying these characters are truly a perfect fit.   The costumes and scenery are so authentic, it pulls you right into the story.  Even the way it is filmed seems different.  I've never studied cinematography, so I don't know the technicalities of it,  but it's almost as thought you're living in the period.  It totally envelopes you.   I'm so looking forward to borrowing and watching the next season.  I'll try to restrain myself and watch it more slowing and make the "magic" last.  I know the 3rd season is a ways away.  But, oh, what a wonderful experience to look forward to. 

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know that you stopped by.