Friday, June 25, 2010

No Time Like The Present


Went to local discount store this afternoon and found seeds for the exact gourd I was looking for, and they were marked down to half price. I guess planting season really is getting short. But like I said before, nothing ventured, nothing gain. Seeds only cost $1.00. Planted then as per instructions. Below is one of the “hills”. Now I guess I just sit and wait, and take photos! The directions say they should germinate in 7 to 10 days.


If I get lucky, I should have some gourds sometime in mid October, if my calculations are correct (packet says they will be ready for harvest in 110 days).
I almost forgot to mention that while I was playing the farmer’s wife in the back field, I was paid a surprise visit by a local resident. She didn’t seem to mind I was digging up her “yard”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know that you stopped by.