Friday, June 25, 2010

A Promise to Noah

For several years now, I’ve been making quilts for children in crisis, be it medical, emotional, social, or otherwise. My foundation is called “A Promise to Noah” in honor of my grandson. Each quilt carries with it a promise of hope. They are stitched with love and prayers so each child can find the necessary strength to face their specific challenge. Each quilt is unique and has been named. The recipient receives with the quilt, a card with a message of encouragement and the name of their personal one-of-a-kind quilt. They each have a secret pocket which carries their card. Once the card has been removed, this secret pocket becomes a special place to keep “little treasures”.





Here's a sample of one of my "Promise Quilts".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know that you stopped by.