Friday, June 25, 2010

Research and Development


Am thinking of starting something new, not related to knitting or quilting. I’m thinking of making birdhouses…quirky ones. Just some ideas starting to percolate. Not sure if I’ll actually do it, but the creative process is interesting anyway. Might be fun to try something different.


Did a little research these past two days and have found an interesting bird house craft.


I remember thinking about these 2 or 3 years ago and wanting to attempt to make some then. I like that they are easily renewable, economical, and natural. If you want to make them “unnatural”, they afford a large degree of creativity. Painting, carving, and woodburning are a very popular way of embellishing . Also they can be turned into several other objects d’art other than birdhouses. You are only limited by your imagination as to what they can be used for; bowls and vessels, jewelry, etc. Yes, I think this deserves a little bit more research. I’ve determined a good place on our property to try growing some of my own. Will try to locate some seeds today for planting, although it is getting late in the season. I’ll give it a go however, since I only have the price of seeds to lose. They do take some time to cure, about a year. I’ve heard of a local farm that sells gourds in season and plan on visiting then in the next week or so to see what they have to offer for this season, since I’m itching to get something going as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know that you stopped by.