Saturday, February 12, 2011

Oodles of Caps

 100_0174

The Caps for Good project is complete.  My church knitting group at Blessed Kateri dropped off all our hats to Eneri Knits in Exeter for shipment to the a central collection center.  I did truly enjoy using up all my leftover yarns for such a very special cause. 
  100_0176
We’re now working on prayer shawls, lap afghans, monk cloths, etc., for donation to area nursing homes.  I’m thinking of making lap quilts as a way of working down my fabric stash.  They too work up quickly and are another way to jump start my creative juices.  I’m still working on my promise quilt, but it really seems to be going fast.
The best news was I was able to get back to the Langworthy Library Knitting Circle.   I truly missed my friends  their stories and projects.  I feel renewed!!  Of course, now I’ve got more ideas for more knitting projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know that you stopped by.